LJE Sports collects information to better understand your needs. This aids us in improving our services to be more relevant to you, and the way we communicate with you.
Respecting your privacy is important to us and we remain committed to protecting your personal data. Therefore, we strive to be as open and transparent as possible in serving you.
LJE Sports’s Data Protection Policy (the “Policy”) is in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and will be amended or modified from time to time, such as in response to changes to legislation.
This Policy aims to help you understand how we collect, use, share, retain and protect your personal information.
This Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to us in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which we may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
For the purposes of this Policy, in line with the provisions under the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) (the “Act”), “Personal Data” shall mean data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified — from that data; or from that data and other information which an organisation has or is likely to have access. Such Personal Data shall also refer to that which is already in our possession or that which shall be collected by us in future.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Generally, we may collect your personal data through the following ways:
- When you sign up for any of LJE Sports’s products, services and promotion
- When you respond to our request for additional personal data
- When you ask to be included in our communication channels
- When you request that we contact you
- When you submit your personal data for any other reason
TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT
Examples of the information that we collect include but are not limited to:
- Your identity – this includes your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, photos and any other information relating to you which you have provided in any forms you may have submitted to use, or in other forms of interaction with you.
- Your interaction with us – For example, a note of or recording of a call you make to your customer service hotline(s), an email or letter you send to us, or other records of contact you have with us.
- Information on your patronage and use of our services – For example, visitation, participation in our initiatives and activities, utilisation of benefits and service offerings within LJE Sports and its partner(s).
- Your preferences – This is based on what you have indicated with us. For example, how you would like to be contacted, your preferred services and activities.
- Information from other organisations – This includes Ministries, Statutory Boards, affiliated partners or individuals we believe you have authorised to provide your personal details on your behalf.
PURPOSE ON THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Generally, we collect, use, transfer and/or retain your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To manage your training matters
- To manage your bookings, event or course participation
- To provide you with benefits and services relevant to your needs
- To assist you with your queries
- To improve customer services, such as handling of feedback, requests and queries
- To conduct research, surveys and interviews
- To keep you updated of our latest initiatives, events and benefits
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations
MARKETING / OPTIONAL PURPOSES
From time to time, we may reach out to you via mail, electronic mail, telephone (call or SMS), or social media platforms, to inform you about the latest LJE Sports events and promotions, initiatives and activities that we think may be of interest to you.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing materials, you can inform us at any time and we will remove your details from our marketing base.
Sharing your Personal Data
From time to time, LJE Sports may disclose your Personal Data between the Ministries, and to the following third parties:
- Regulators and law enforcement officials
- Third party service providers and consultants
- Credit, debit and charge card companies, banks and other entities processing payment
- Any agent or subcontractor acting on LJE Sports’s behalf for the provision of LJE Sports’s services and benefit offerings.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We maintain appropriate and reasonable measures through physical, managerial, and technical safeguards and practices to preserve and protect your Personal Data. We will not knowingly allow access to this data to anyone outside LJE Sports, other than to you or your authorised representative(s) or as described in this Policy.
You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Data remains accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may also update your Personal Data by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with the Act, you have the right to:
a) request access your personal data and make the necessary correction(s) where required
b) check whether LJE Sports holds any Personal Data relating to you and, if so, obtain copies of such data
c) require LJE Sports to correct any Personal Data relating to you which is inaccurate for the purpose for which it is being used.
In relation to (b), we reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee in order to meet your requests. Upon payment of the requisite fee, your request shall be processed within 30 days.
STORAGE AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
RESPECTING YOUR CONTACT PREFERENCES
LJE Sports is committed to complying with the Do Not Call (DNC) provisions. We have always been mindful of engaging our customers in a more targeted and relevant way.
We may send notifications or marketing messages to your Singapore telephone number if:
- You have given us consent, OR
- You have not registered with national DNC registry, OR
- The sending of such messages is permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Our marketing messages aim to update you about our exclusive initiatives, benefits and programs from LJE Sports and our partners.
If you wish to opt out, you can indicate your preference by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take all reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Data remains accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may also keep us informed when there are any updates to your Personal Data by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
We may amend or modify this Policy from time to time, such as in response legislation. We remain committed to safeguarding your information and being open about our data protection practices. We also encourage you to look at these terms regularly. If you do not agree to the modified terms, you should inform us as soon as possible of the terms to which you do not consent. Pending such notice, please be informed that the additional terms will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency between these terms and additional terms, if any.
This Policy only applies to the collection and use of Personal Data by LJE Sports. It does not cover third party sites to which we provide links, even if such sites are co-branded with our logo. LJE Sports does not share your Personal Data with third party websites. LJE Sports is not responsible for the privacy and conduct practices of these third party websites, so you should read their own privacy policies before disclosure of any Personal Data to these websites.
We will not sell your personal information to any third party without your permission, but we cannot be responsible or held liable for the actions of third party sites which you may have linked or been directed to LJE Sports’s website.
LJE Sports’s website do not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 18 years old. We do not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 18 years old or send them requests for personal data.
Where you legitimately request access to and/or correction of Personal Data relating to you, such Personal Data which is in our possession and control, we shall provide and/or correct that data within 30 days and in a manner in accordance with its standard procedures as stated hereinafter.
In accordance with the Act, we have established a process for receiving and responding to any query or complaint that may arise with respect to the application of this Act. To ensure that LJE Sports receives your complaints and enquiries, please send the same via email to our Data Protection Officer (the “DPO”) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if your personal data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a member via a referral process), you should contact that individual to make such queries, complaints, and access and correction requests to us on your behalf.
Should you not wish for us to use your Personal Data for any of the purposes, or not to receive promotional materials from us, you may opt out by sending a clearly worded email to the DPO. Your request shall be processed within 30 days. Please note however that this may affect our ability to attend to your needs in the event where there is already an existing business relationship.